YOU WILL NEED:
* Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop or similar. I used PSPX but you should be able to make this tag in earlier versions.
* Tube of choice. I am using the artwork of Caron Vinson. You need to purchase a license to use her art. You can buy her images and tubes from CILM
* Bead accent tube.
* Font of choice - I used Arial.
* Diamond Mask.
* Check pattern tile.
* You can download my supplies HERE. Included are the bead accent tube, the check pattern and the mask.
These items are made by me and are for personal, non commercial use. You may share them but please give credit. You MAY NOT profit from them in any way, including but not limited to including them in collections for sale or on tags for sale/profit/work for hire. Legally if an item exchanges hands and consideration (something of value not necessarily money) is received, it is considered to be a sale regardless of what label others would like to put on it.
1. Open your supplies in PSP. Open your font (by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer) and minimise to use later.
2. Open a new image 500 x 500 with a white background.
3. Add a new raster layer and floodfill with black. Apply your mask to this black layer and convert to raster layer.
4. Activate your magic wand and click inside the mask. Selection - Modify - Expand by 3. Add a new raster layer and floodfill selection with your check pattern. Make sure this layer is below the mask layer. Do not deselect.
5. Copy and paste your tube above the check layer. Resize and sharpen if necessary. (I resized to 80%). Selection - Invert - press delete. Apply drop shadow at the following settings -
6. Add a new raster layer above the white background layer. Floodfill with a dark complimentary colour from your tube. I used #c63b36. Resize this layer to 50%. Free rotate (Image menu) 45 degrees. Apply Gaussian Blur twice at the following settings -
7. Activate your pen tool on the following settings. Draw a line from corner to corner using the mask edge as a guide.
8. Ensure that the colour you used for your blur layer is set as the background on the materials palette. Activate your text tool and using the following settings type your name. Repeat your name until it fills the side of the tag. You will have to experiment with text size according to the length of your name. Put at least 2 spaces between each name. Promote selection to layer, select none. Duplicate, mirror and flip. Merge name layers. Duplicate, free rotate 90 degrees and merge name layers.
9. Add copyright information and watermark. Make sure all parts of your tag are positioned where you want them then merge visible.
10. Copy and paste your bead accent to your canvas. The beads and the string are on different layers so you can recolour your beads to match your tube if need be. You can also make the tone darker if you Adjust - Brightness and Contrast - change brightness to -40 and contrast to 0. Resize to 80%. Free Rotate 45 degrees. Duplicate, mirror, merge bead layers. Duplicate, flip, merge bead layers. Sharpen bead layer and add same drop shadow as before. You can stop at this point and save as a jpeg file if you don't want to add the animation.
11. Duplicate the bead layer twice. Apply sparkle filter of choice. I used Constellation with the following settings, changing the random seed for each layer.
12. Duplicate the background layer twice and merge a bead layer to each background. Save as an Animation Shop .psp file.
13. Open your file in Animation Shop, change your frame properties if necessary (I changed mine to 20).
14. Save as a .gif and you are done. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.