YOU WILL NEED:
* Paint Shop Pro. I used version 10 but you should be able to make this tag in earlier versions.
* Tube of choice. I am using the artwork of Popeye Wong and you can check out his site HERE. The tubes I used are here and here.
* My Rock and Roll Scrapkit HERE
* No outside filters are required.
1. Open a new image 500 x 500 with a white background. Add two new raster layers. Open two papers from the scrapkit that you want to use as the base for your tag (I used black and red). Activate your selection tool and make a custom selection using the following settings. Copy and paste each paper (on a different layer) into the selection. Make sure the darker colour is at the bottom.
2. Duplicate your bottom paper and apply a Gaussian Blur of 15 to it. Apply blinds to this blur layer at the following settings twice, once vertical and once horizontal.
3. Click on your top paper and Image - Free Rotate - 10 degrees right.
4. Copy and paste photo frame 3 to your canvas. Resize to 60%. Add a new raster layer under the frame. Back on your frame layer, use your magic wand (with no feather and on add) to select inside the frame areas. Selection - Modify - Expand by 6. Go back to the new raster layer and floodfill with a complimentary colour or gradient. I used a gradient of black and the grey colour from the scrapkit swatch on the settings below. Select none.
5. Copy and paste your tubes to the canvas. Position them under the frames. Merge the two tube layers together. Reselect the inside of the frames again and Invert the selection. Go back to your tube layer and press delete. Merge the frame, tube and gradient layers together and duplicate. Mirror one of the photo layers and position the photos to your liking, using my tag as a guide. Add drop shadow at the following settings to each photo layer then merge them together.
6. Copy and paste the ribbon you wish to use to the canvas. Image - Free Rotate - 10 degrees left and position to your liking. Go to your top paper layer Selections - Select All - Float - Defloat - Modify - Expand by 1 - Invert. Return to your ribbon layer and press delete. Add drop shadow to the ribbon and paper layers at the same settings as before.
7. Open the chrome alphabet from the kit, duplicate and minimize the original. Resize the copy to 35%. Copy and paste the letters for whatever saying you want across the ribbon to the canvas (keep it short). View - Grid and line up your letters to make words. Merge all your letters together and Image - Free Rotate - 10 degrees left. Unsharp Mask at the settings below. Apply drop shadow at the new settings below.
8. Repeat this process for your name but instead of resizing to 35%, resize to 50%.
9. Copy and paste one of the tubes to the canvas again. Resize and sharpen if necessary (I resized to 80% and sharpened at the same unsharp mask settings as before). Position to your liking and apply the same drop shadow as we did in step 5. Apply drop shadow again at the settings below, twice.
10. Add your copyright information and watermark. Save as a jpeg and you are done. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.