Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vintage




YOU WILL NEED:

* Paint Shop Pro. I used version 10 but you should be able to make this tag in earlier versions.

* Tube of choice. I am using the artwork of Selena Fenech. You will need a license to use Selena's work and her tubes are available at CILM.

* Scrap Kit by Yvette from Misfits Scrapz. I used the Kinda Vintage kit.

* Font of choice - I used Honey Script.

* Gold bead pattern (right click and save)


LETS START!

1. Open a new canvas 500 x 500 with a white background.

2. Copy and paste Doodle 2 from the scrapkit to your canvas. Resize to 85% and position in the bottom left corner of your canvas (use my tag as a guide). Duplicate, mirror and flip. Merge the 2 doodle layers together and duplicate.

3. Click on the bottom doodle layer and resize to 85% and apply Gaussian Blur at 20. Change the blend mode of this layer to Darken.

4. Add a new raster layer. Copy the paper of choice from the kit (I used paper 1). Activate your selection tool and create a custom selection using the settings below. Paste your paper into the selection. Adjust menu - Brightness and Contrast - set Brightness to -30 and Contrast to 10. DO NOT deselect.




5. Add a new raster layer and floodfill with the gold bead pattern. Selections - Modify - Contract by 3 and press the delete key. Select none. Duplicate this layer.

6. Copy and paste your tube between the gold bead layers. Resize and sharpen if necessary. Position the tube to your liking. Apply drop shadow to the bottom frame and the tube layer at the following settings.




7. On the top frame layer carefully erase any parts of the frame covering the tube eg the wing tip if you are using the same tube as I am. On the tube layer carefully erase any parts of your that are outside the frame that you don't want to show.

8. Open one of the painted flower elements from the scrapkit (I used 2). Resize to 75%. Image - Free Rotate - Right 20 degrees. Position over the bottom left corner (use my tag as a guide). Duplicate and mirror the copy. Position the copy over the top right corner. Sharpen the flower elements if required.

9. Add your text using the settings below. I used size 60 for the name and 28 for the quote. I used #752a38 for my foreground and background colour. I closed the foreground for the quote text.




10. Add copyright information and your watermark.

11. Save as a .jpg file and you are done. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment